Jackson County offers a wealth of tourism opportunities to visitors and residents. Through the marketing efforts of the Jackson County Tourism Development Authority, our objective is to showcase all the region has to offer, encouraging people to “Play On” and take advantage of the diverse experiences across the County.
Partner Photo Program
The Jackson County Tourism Development Authority makes select photos from its image asset library available to partners to use in marketing to accomplish our mutually beneficial goals of increasing tourism and visitation to Jackson County. Download the form here and once completed, e-mail to Director@DiscoverJacksonNC.com for consideration.
Social media is a core component of our marketing program. As travelers look to sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more for inspiration and trip-planning ideas from DMOs, fellow travelers and social influencers, our goal is to ensure that Jackson County is part of that conversation. Through daily posts across various social media profiles, the TDA looks to engage, inspire and attract visitors and residents of Jackson County through original and curated, high-quality content.
Connect With Us
As a key partner in what Jackson County offers travelers, we encourage business owners to connect their own social media efforts with that of the TDA. Through cross-promotion, you’ll be able to expand the reach of your marketing and take advantage of the nearly 175,000 engaged social media followers of the TDA. The following are a few ways to leverage the TDA in your day-to-day social media efforts:
- Follow Us – Make sure to follow the Jackson County TDA on our social profiles. This will keep you apprised of key content, seasonal campaigns, promotions and more, as well as allow you to curate relevant social content for your own efforts. Here are links to our profiles:
- Tag Us – By tagging Jackson County TDA in your social media posts, you’ll be able to broaden the potential reach of your message. We encourage businesses to be liberal in their use of tagging, reserving that option for your most important posts. You can tag the TDA as follows:
- Facebook: Include @DiscoverJacksonNC in your post. Note, this will default to the formal name of our page, North Carolina Mountain Towns of Cashiers, Cherokee, Dillsboro, and Sylva.
- Twitter: Include @VisitJacksonNC in your tweet.
- Instagram: Include @DiscoverJacksonNC in your photo caption. Note, you can also use the Tag People feature.
- Pinterest: Include @MountainsNC when pinning images to your boards.
- Hashtags – The TDA uses hashtags as part of its daily social media postings. Hashtags are a key way users search and find relevant content across different platforms. Including key hashtags within your posts will aid potential travelers in finding your content. We encourage businesses to leverage the strategic hashtags that are central to our social media efforts, including:
- Branded Hashtags: #DiscoverJacksonNC #DiscoverNC #PlayOnNC #JacksonCounty #NorthCarolina #VisitNC
- Location-specific: #CashiersNC, #CherokeeNC, #DillsboroNC, #SylvaNC, #BalsamNC, #Cullowhee, #GlenvilleNC, #SapphireNC