The time has come to celebrate the one you love, and there’s no better place to do so than with a romantic getaway to the scenic mountain towns of Jackson County. With such a spectacular backdrop, how could you not enjoy a lovely escape for two in Western North Carolina? Below, we have listed six ways to impress your date during your retreat in our romantic towns.
Sweets for Your Sweet
Whether wrapping up a fine meal with dessert or as a special surprise sometime during the day, a Valentine’s treat is the perfect addition to any romantic celebration. At Baxley’s Chocolates or Dillsboro Chocolate Factory, enjoy a variety of handmade chocolates from truffles, chocolate-covered strawberries, fudge and more.
Enjoy a Candlelit Dinner
Thanks to a thriving culinary scene, Jackson County offers plenty of romantic choices where couples can enjoy an intimate dinner for two. In Sapphire, you can choose from Library Kitchen + Bar with its farm-to-table delicacies in a historical setting, Cork and Barrel Lounge with American-style tapas, and Table 64, which can expertly pair one of their 70+ wines with something off of their menu of locally-sourced cuisine. The Orchard Restaurant in Cashiers invites you to dine in a 1900s-era farmhouse where you can enjoy fine dining featuring seasonal dishes with Southern flavor.
At Lulu’s on Main in Sylva, choose from a wealth of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free items, including local favorites such as their Szechuan salad and peanut butter pie. City Lights Café is running a Valentine’s special from February 14-16 and welcomes all couples to enjoy an evening of delicious food. They will have two dinner specials – the Big Sweetheart ($50 per couple for an appetizer, two entrees with salads, dessert and a bottle of wine, champagne or pitcher of beer) and the Sweetheart Split ($35 per couple for an entree to split, salads for both, dessert to split and a bottle of wine, champagne or pitcher of beer). In addition, they’ll be serving $5 beer flights and buy one get one free dessert crepes.
Over in Dillsboro, enjoy sustainably-raised, locally-sourced, farm-to-table cuisine at Foragers Canteen.
Toast Your Love
Take time to celebrate your significant other with a bottle of champagne or wine from Papous Wine Shop in Sylva. For something innovative, sample the cocktails at The Cut Cocktail Lounge or The Paper Mill Lounge and Theatre, or hit the Jackson County Ale Trail for a local craft brew. Chocolate lovers should be sure to check out the Lovin’ Cup Chocolate Stout at Innovation Brewing in Sylva or Innovation Station in Dillsboro.
Relax and Unwind
Enjoy some R&R together at one of our local spas, where you can book a variety of treatments. Book a Couples Massage at Fusions Spa by January 31st, and receive free hot stones. In addition, feel free to bring a bottle of bubbly to enjoy along with the Spa’s amenities. Canyon Spa at Lonesome Valley in Sapphire is offering a 10-percent discount for all couple’s massages on February 14.
Enjoy a Romantic Hike
If you’re staying through the weekend, be sure to plot out your trek. Throughout our county, you’ll find miles upon miles of hiking trails for all skill levels. Hiking is a great activity to enjoy while spending quality time together. Along many of these trails, you’ll reach overlooks where you can also share a breathtaking view together. The area is home to nearly 30 waterfalls, which provides a wonderful backdrop for a romantic afternoon.
A Retreat for Romance
Of course, no Valentine’s Day getaway is complete without an intimate place to escape. Whether at a quaint bed and breakfast or cozy cabin, a place to bundle up by the fire, or a vacation home complete with a hot tub, you’re sure to find the perfect accommodation for your romantic getaway.
Now is a great time to book so you can take advantage of special Valentine’s Day lodging offers:
- Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites of Dillsboro is offering a Valentine’s Day package that includes a king suite with a patio and balcony overlooking the Tuckasegee River. In addition, this package includes rose petals on the bed, a flower bouquet, handcrafted chocolates and sparkling wine for two. The price is $299.99 + taxes for a two-night stay between February 10 and February 28. Additional nights may be added on. To make a reservation, call 828-586-6060.
- Bear Lake Reserve is offering a Valentine’s weekend getaway special. When you book a home for Valentine’s Day and the weekend (February 14-17), you will receive complimentary tickets for the Sweetheart Hike and two tickets to the Couple’s Brunch on Sunday. Bear Lake Reserve has events planned throughout the weekend for every couple, and the fee is $529 + taxes. For more information or to reserve a room, call 828-293-3455.
- Comfort Inn Sylva is offering a special 20-percent off rate for Valentine’s Day for you and your special someone! Book your stay between February 14 and February 17, and enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine.
- The Orchard Guest Cottage is having a Valentine’s Day special for the whole month of February! Enjoy a three-night stay for the price of two nights – $159 + taxes for one night. For more information or to reserve a room call 828-743-7614.
- Sundog Vacation Rentals is hosting a romantic Valentine’s Day retreat from February 14 to February 17. Using the code VDAY19, you will receive 15-percent off two-night stays.
- The Grand Old Lady Hotel is offering champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival, a four-course dinner in their Beetree Restaurant, turn down service and continental breakfast in bed from February 14-17.
With so much pressure associated with Valentine’s Day, why not take the stress out of the day and plan an easy trip with your love? Jackson County is ideal for a romantic Valentine’s Day getaway with plenty to see, do and enjoy, so start planning your escape by downloading your free Visitor Guide today.
Photo courtesy truefoundationphotography