2021 DREAM WEDDING CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THE 2021 DREAM WEDDING CONTEST (“CONTEST”) IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY AND WHO HAD POSTPONED THEIR 2020 WEDDING DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC OR WHO ARE MARRIED AT TIME OF ENTRY BUT WHO HAD A SMALL WEDDING (10 OR FEWER GUESTS) BEFORE MARCH 15, 2021 DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. CONTEST WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT TIME OF ENTRY.
PLEASE NOTE: CONTEST PRIZE (SEE RULE #6 BELOW) REQUIRES WINNER AND WINNER’S FIANCÉ TO GET MARRIED AT CASTLE LADYHAWKE LOCATED IN TUCKASEGEE, NORTH CAROLINA ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2021. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU WERE NOT ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED IN 2020, HAD A SMALL WEDDING (10 OR FEWER GUESTS) BEFORE MARCH 15, 2021, AND/OR YOU ARE UNABLE TO GET MARRIED AT CASTLE LADYHAWKE ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2021. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES ARE AVAILABLE. BOTH ENTRANT AND FIANCÉ MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE. ENTRANT MUST HAVE THEIR FIANCÉ’S PERMISSION TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST AND MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE PROOF OF SUCH PERMISSION UPON SPONSOR’S REQUEST.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per couple and the entrant represents and warrants that they have prior express permission to enter the fiancé and bind their fiancé to these Contest Rules. If any couple breaks up before the wedding, such couple is no longer eligible for the prize and any awarded prize (if any) shall be forfeited.
Contest starts on 12:00:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 15, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on April 30, 2021 (“Contest Entry Period”). Promotion Activators Management, LLC’s (“Administrator”) computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
This Contest is provided by Bear Lake Reserve (“Sponsor”) and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, promoted, or administered by, or associated with YouTube or Vimeo. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest should be directed to Sponsor and not to YouTube or Vimeo.
- ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be legal residents of and currently residing in one of the 50 United States or D.C., 21 years of age or older, engaged to be married at time of entry and who had to postpone their 2020 wedding due to the COVID-19 pandemic or who are married at time of entry but who had a small wedding (10 or fewer guests) before March 15, 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note: If your entry is selected as the prize winner, you must agree to get married at Castle LadyHawke located in Tuckasegee, North Carolina on Thursday, November 4, 2021 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsor will have no further obligation to you. Employees of Sponsor, Promotion Activators Management, LLC (“Administrator”), Jackson County Tourism Development Authority, Altaterra Events, Rawle Murdy Associates, Inc, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, advertising, sales promotion and judging agencies, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to enter the Contest. Contest is void outside of the 50 United States/D.C. and wherever prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER:
Step 1: Create an original video of up to one (1) minute in length with both you and your fiancé together that introduces yourselves (names (first only), where you are from, and how you met), shares details of how the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your 2020 wedding plans, why you want to get married in the mountains, and how you have selflessly provided service to your community (“Video”). Please do not include music in your Video. Videos that include music will be disqualified. Please do not wear shirts or clothing that contain prominent brand logos, trademarks, or third-party’s art, content, images, or likeness. Videos should not be shot in front of art, photographs, or other items that may be subject to copyright or trademark protections. Videos must also otherwise comply with all content requirements set forth herein to be valid.
Step 2: During the Contest Entry Period, log into your YouTube or Vimeo account (or create one for free by following the explanation below) and upload your Video to your YouTube channel or Vimeo channel. Note: If you are uploading your video directly to the Website (as defined below), you may skip this step. Videos submitted vis YouTube and Vimeo must comply with all of the corresponding social media channel’s terms and conditions.
Step 3: To complete the entry process, during the Contest Entry Period, go to https://castleladyhawkegiveaway.lndg.page/2JR73S (“Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to register for the Contest and either upload your Video (acceptable formats include AVI, FLV, MP4, MOV and MPEG-2), or, provide the YouTube or Vimeo link to your Video (herein “Entry”). Please note, both you and your fiancé must be depicted in the Video, and you must obtain prior express permission from your fiancé to enter the Video in the Contest. All registration information must be completed in full. Limit one (1) Entry per person/per couple during the Contest Entry Period.
If you do not have a YouTube account, you may create one for free by going to www.youtube.com and following the onscreen directions. If you do not have a Vimeo account, you may create one by going to www.vimeo.com and following the onscreen directions. Once your Video is posted to your YouTube or Vimeo channel, copy the link. Note: Video must be set to Public or Unlisted on YouTube or Vimeo to be valid. Videos uploaded to YouTube must comply with these Official Rules and YouTube’s Terms of Service (https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=US&template=terms) and Community Guidelines (https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/policies/community-guidelines/) or (for videos uploaded to Vimeo) Vimeo’s Terms of Service (https://vimeo.com/terms) and Guidelines (https://vimeo.com/help/guidelines), as applicable. Video must also comply with the Entry Guidelines detailed in Rule 3, below. If you choose to enter using YouTube or Vimeo, use a YouTube or Vimeo account registered in your name/to your email address.
All Entries received from any person that exceed the stated limitation will be disqualified. Entries made by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Incomplete or illegible Entries will not be acknowledged. All Entries received will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the name of the “authorized account holder” associated with the email account will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder of the email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor, Administrator, Jackson County Tourism Development Authority, Altaterra Events, Rawle Murdy Associates, Inc, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for Entries that are late, lost, illegible, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that contain false information, that are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address, YouTube account, or Vimeo account for purposes of entry into the Contest. Use of any automated program or method to enter will result in disqualification of all associated Entries and of the person/email address account responsible for such Entries. If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES:By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that: (a) it is, in its entirety, your original work; (b) it has not been previously published; (c) it has not won previous awards; (d) statements and claims made regarding you or your fiancé (and all other statements in the Entry) are truthful; (e) it does not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy/publicity or other intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person or entity; (f) the Entry is suitable for presentation in a public forum; and (g) publication of the Entry via various media, including but not limited to the Sponsor’s websites and social media channels, will not violate or infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claims to the contrary. Entry shall not contain any of the following content:
a) Sexually explicit or suggestive content; violent content or dangerous stunts; content which promotes discrimination based on ethnicity, race, nationality, disability, gender, religion, profession, age, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation; or any profane or pornographic content;
b) References to sports betting, lotteries, gambling, alcohol, illegal or performance enhancing drugs, tobacco, e-cigarettes, cannabinoid or synthetic THC products and any related paraphernalia, firearms/weapons/ammunition (or the use of any of the foregoing); content that promotes any activities that are unsafe or dangerous;
c) Obscene or offensive material including cursing and offensive language; promotion or endorsement of bigotry, any form of hate speech or hate group;
d)Content that is a duplicate of any other Entry’s content;
e) Content that defames, misrepresents, or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, other companies or other people or is libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous;
f) Personal identification of anyone other than the entrant and their fiancé, such as full names (first and last), mailing addresses, license plates or e-mail addresses;
g) Material embodying the names or other indicia that identify any person, living or dead, other than the entrant and their fiancé;
h) Messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate; or
i) Content that infringes the rights of any third party or promotes illegal activities; and/or violates any law.
*LIMITED LICENSE: THE SPONSOR’S TRADEMARKS MAY BE REFERENCED IN THE ENTRY FOR PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST ONLY. NO OTHER RIGHTS IN OR TO SPONSOR’S TRADEMARKS ARE GRANTED UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ENTRANT MAY NOT USE THE ENTRY FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN ENTERING THIS CONTEST.
Entries that do not comply with the above guidelines, or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entry must not contain material that is harmful to others, such as viruses, trojan horses or other technologies that could adversely impact the Contest or any person’s computer or other device. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligations other than those contained in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to use or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your Entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules. You further acknowledge that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITES OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY SPONSOR, IN ITS DISCRETION. You further acknowledge that Sponsor is not obligated to post or use your Entry. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and designees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, and have transmitted the Entry or portions of the Entry for the purpose of administering the Contest and judging the Entries. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
ENTRIES POSTED TO SPONSOR’S WEBSITES, IF ANY, ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation of entrants.
- PHASE 1 CONTEST JUDGING: To be eligible for the Contest, an eligible Entry must be received during the Contest Entry Period. Entries will be judged and scored by a panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsor based on the following criteria: Demonstrated positive contribution entrant and/or their fiancé has made to their community(50%),creativity (25%); and clarity of expression and how their wedding plans have been impacted by the pandemic (25%). The five (5) Entries that receive the highest combined score according to the criteria listed above, in the sole determination of the judges, will be declared finalists (“Finalists), subject to verification (see Rule 7 below), and will be posted to the Website for consumer voting as described in Rule 5 below. Sponsor reserves the right to deem fewer than five (5) Entries as Finalists if an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received during the Contest Entry Period. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate tied Entries according to the criteria listed above. If following the re-judging the entries are still tied, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for “Demonstrated positive contribution entrant has made to their community”, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion will be deemed a Finalist from among the tied entrants. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The chances of winning depend on the relative skill of the entrants and the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Entry Period.
- PHASE II CONSUMER VOTING: Between 12:00:00 a.m. ET on May 26, 2021 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 4, 2021 (“Consumer Voting Period”), the five (5) Finalist Entries (or lower number as noted in Section 4) will be posted to the Website and visitors will be invited to vote for the Entry they deem the best based on the following criteria: Demonstrated positive contribution entrant and/or their fiancé has made to their community(50%),creativity (25%); and clarity of expression and how their wedding plans have been impacted by the pandemic (25%). To cast a vote for the Entry most deserving based upon the criteria listed above, voters must meet on-screen requirements and follow on-screen instructions. Limit one (1) vote per person during the entire Consumer Voting Period. The Entry that receives the highest number of eligible, non-suspect, votes during the Consumer Voting Period will be deemed the potential winner, subject to verification of Finalist’s eligibility. Automated methods of voting and voting by proxy are prohibited. Any attempt by an entrant and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, compensating, or offering to compensate third parties to vote, and/or any other fraudulent conduct, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify suspect votes, entrant and/or his/her corresponding Entry in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be posted to the Website and a new voting period will be announced to determine the winner. Potential winner is not the actual winner until their eligibility has been verified, and it is determined to Sponsor’s satisfaction that they have complied with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
- PRIZE (1): One (1) verified winner will receive a wedding package for two (winner and winner’s fiancé) for THURSDAY, November 4, 2021 at Castle Ladyhawke located in Tuckasegee, North Carolina (“Prize”). Winner and winner’s fiancé must agree to plan the wedding event with a wedding coordinator/planner appointed by the Sponsor as a condition of Prize acceptance and must work within the budget provided. All elements of the wedding, including but not limited to the venue, flowers, catering, photography, entertainment, and table settings are at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The winner and winner’s fiancé are responsible for obtaining any required marriage license enabling them to get married in the state of North Carolina and may be required to provide such license to the Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent upon request. If winner and winner’s fiancé do not get married for any reason or cannot attend any/all Prize events as determined by Sponsor, Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner or their fiancé.
Prize includes the following:
* Wedding venue at Castle Ladyhawke
* Three (3) nights’ accommodations at Castle LadyHawke accommodations for winner and winner’s fiancé. Note: Except as indicated below, guests will be required to provide their own accommodations and will be solely responsible for all associated costs.
* Wedding reception catering for up to 100 guests (not to exceed $12,000)
* Wedding reception beverages (not to exceed $4,500)
* Rehearsal dinner venue on November 3rd, 2021 for up to 100 guests on November 3, 2021 (not to exceed $2,000). Note: this is the venue only; food/beverage costs are additional and will be the sole responsibility of winner, fiancé, and winner’s guests.
* One (1) wedding cake (size and type determined by Sponsor)
* Flowers (not to exceed $2,000)
* Photography (not to exceed $2,000)
* Entertainment (not to exceed $3,000)
* Wedding officiant (as determined by Sponsor)
* Wedding coordinator for day of wedding
* Linens and décor (not to exceed $2,500)
* Three (3) nights’ lodging intended for winner and winner’s fiancé’s immediate family. This will consist of winner’s choice of one (1) 4-bedroom villa or two (2) cottages at Bear Lake Reserve.
All items and selections above are determined by Sponsor.
If the winner and/or winner’s fiancé is unable to attend any of the events described herein, Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the winner and prize may not be awarded to an alternate winner except as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Prize also includes round trip economy air transportation for winner and their fiancé to Asheville, North Carolina from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence in the 50 US/DC selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and transportation to/from airport and Castle Ladyhawke. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize: $40,600. Actual value will vary based on winner’s point of departure and wedding details; any variance between actual value and stated approximate value will not be awarded. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to Tuckasegee, North Carolina (within approximately 6 hours by car), ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the winner. All wedding details must be determined and approved by Sponsor by August 9, 2021 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the winner. Winner’s guests will be solely responsible for paying for and making their own travel arrangements including lodging (except as noted above). Wedding will take place on Thursday, November 4, 2021. No extension or change of wedding date is permitted. In the event, for any reason, the wedding is unable to be held or provided as proposed on November 4, 2021 (including, without limitation, because of COVID-19 restrictions or lock downs), then Sponsor reserves the right to change the date of the Prize and related Prize events at their sole discretion.
It is the responsibility of the winner and fiancé to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification) required for travel. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Winner and guests are responsible for meals, gratuities, and all other expenses not specified herein. If a winner’s guest is a minor, he/she must be the child/legal ward of the winner. Released Parties (defined below) shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any Prize-related services or accommodations or any other cancellations, delays, or diversions outside the Sponsor’s control. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, activities, opportunities, or expenses incurred resulting from flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation, event, activity, or other Prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Additional prize award details to be provided to the winner at the time of Prize notification. Winner, fiancé, and winner’s guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of lodging check-in for incidental expenditures. Once the winner’s fiancé is named, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by Sponsor’s transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. Transportation carrier and lodging regulations and conditions apply.Unclaimed or forfeited Prize, or any portion thereof, will not be awarded. All tax resulting from acceptance of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of Prize is permitted, except as expressly set forth herein by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value (at its sole discretion) for any reason. Any expenses not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to state and local government surcharges, taxes (including federal, state, and local income taxes), other costs, and other expenses relating to the Prize and the use or acceptance of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All Prize details not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating and accepting the Prize, winner, fiancé, and winner’s guests accept any risk in travel and/or any of the activities related to the Prize, including personal injury and/or death, acknowledge that their participation in Prize events is voluntary, acknowledge that there are natural factors and occurrences which may impact on or affect the safety of the activities they are participating in and they assume the risk of such factors and occurrences and agree that the Released Parties will not be in any way responsible for any resulting injury and/or death. Prize events and activities are subject to alteration, substitution, or cancellation due to events including weather conditions and other unforeseen events beyond Sponsor’s control and, if cancelled, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the winner. Winner, fiancé, and winner’s guests agree to comply with all applicable venue regulations. Sponsor and the venue representatives reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner (and their guests) who, in Sponsor or venue representatives’ sole judgment, engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any Prize event or engages in any other objectionable behavior. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All Prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event, shall Sponsor’s prize liability exceed the stated ARV of the Prize. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the Prize not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to additional transportation or transportation costs, tips, gratuities, incidentals; local and long-distance calls, and service charges, any necessary lodging other than that which is offered as part of the Prize, any costs incurred by wedding guests including any required air transportation or hotel accommodations, all meals and beverages, and any other miscellaneous expenses, are solely the responsibility of the winner, fiancé, and winner’s guests. By accepting the prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner and winner’s fiancé agree (and agree to confirm in writing, if requested): (i) to allow the Sponsor’s videographer/photographer to document all elements of the Prize events and conduct interviews with the winner, winner’s fiancé, and wedding guests, and (ii) to hereby agree to provide a release allowing Sponsor to use any video and photos taken for advertising and marketing purposes in any and all media without limitation. All photos and videos taken by Sponsor’s videographer/photographer or other representative shall be owned by Sponsor and may be posted, at Sponsor’s discretion, across any or all of Sponsor’s digital and social media assets.
Please note: All tax resulting from acceptance of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a Form 1099-MISC for the actual value of the Prize.
- POTENTIAL FINALIST AND WINNER NOTIFICATIONS: Potential Finalists will be notified on or about May 11, 2021 by the Administrator via the email address and phone number provided on the Website at time of entry, and both the entrant and their fiancé must each execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release, and any other documents required by Sponsor (collectively, the “Finalist Documents”), within three (3) days of date of issuance specified in the email notifications. Entrant should check their junk mail/spam filters on this date to ensure they receive this email. Entrant should turn off any spam filters on their telephone to ensure they receive the call during this period of time. If either the potential winning entrant or their fiancé fails to comply with these Official Rules, return their completed Finalist Documents within the time period stated above, or is otherwise deemed ineligible by Sponsor or Administrator, then the entrant will not be deemed a Finalist, and the Entry that received the next highest score from the Judges (see Rule 4) will be deemed a potential Finalist. Please note: Finalist and their fiancé are subject to a criminal background check and Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Finalist if it is revealed that they have been convicted of a felony or any crime of moral turpitude or if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that any of the details communicated in the Video are untrue or if awarding the Prize to such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsor. The potential winner will be notified on or about June 5, 2021 and may be required to complete additional documentation as required by the Sponsor or Administrator within ten (10) days of date of issuance specified in the email notification. Failure to complete these documents within the time period stated above or if the potential winner is deemed ineligible by Sponsor or Administrator, then the potential winner will be disqualified and the Entry that received the next highest number of non-suspect votes will be deemed a potential winner. Failure to reply to the email and/or phone call with the requested information, within the specified time-period, the return of any notification as undeliverable, noncompliance with these Official Rules, or Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential Finalist or potential winner within a reasonable time-period may result in forfeiture of potential Finalist or winning status (as applicable), and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Entry that received the next highest score from the Judges may be deemed a potential Finalist, or, the Finalist that received the next most non-suspect votes, may be deemed the potential winner. No messages will be left on answering machines or voice mail systems. Administrator is not responsible for technical difficulties with internet servers or other telecommunications systems beyond its control. All guests must also agree to execute a Liability and Publicity Release (where legal) as a condition of attending any part of the Prize event by October 4, 2021. Winner will be solely responsible for obtaining these liability/publicity releases from their guests. Guests that fail to provide such a liability/publicity release may not be permitted to attend the Prize events. If for any reason the winner and their fiancé break up or break off their engagement before the wedding, winner shall forfeit the prize in its entirety and Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the wedding.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply North Carolina law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal, or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties.
THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ENTRANT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONETARY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO RELEVANT PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Jackson County, North Carolina. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsor, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
- SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- NAME OF WINNER: For the name of the winner, available after June 9, 2021, send a self-addressed, business-size envelope with proper postage affixed by August 9, 2021 to: 2021 Dream Wedding Winner, 412 Lake Forest Drive, Tuckasegee, NC 28783.
- SPONSOR: Bear Lake Reserve, 412 Lake Forest Drive, Tuckasegee, NC 28783.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Promotion Activators Management LLC, 5550 Touhy Ave, Suite 403, Skokie, IL 60077